IPS Community Suite 4.7.4
This is our November maintenance release.
Key changes include:
- New Feature: Moderating with Personal Alerts
- New Feature: Moderator approval queue now includes a reason why
- Updated: Events update includes additional streaming platforms
- Invision Community now requires a minimum of PHP 8.0
- Increased minimum PHP version to 8.0.
- Added Moderation Alerts.
- Adds the ability to see the number of replies to an alert, and view all replies to an alert in messenger.
- Reduced the Cloudflare warning on the support page to note issues may arise from specific Cloudflare features only.
- Fixed an issue where an alert reply button was shown to those without access to the messenger via module permissions.
- Fixed an issue where viewing a theme's differences may not show all changes correctly.
- Fixed an issue where some applications presented content for the 'Similar Content' ElasticSearch widget that wasn't suitable.
- Fixed an issue where pre-upgrade resource check may ask you to check a default language pack for compatibility.
- Fixed an issue that may cause slow AdminCP logins if there are a lot of email send failures.
- Fixed an issue where attachments may download with an extra file extension when using Amazon S3 to store files.
- Fixed an issue where some moderators may see template errors in the userbar at the top of the page.
- Fixed an issue with PHP 8 and the UT8 converter used for legacy upgrades.
- Fixed issue where reporting content on a site with restricted moderators generated an error.
- Fixed issue where users could receive notifications for content that had been hidden.
- Mobile navigation links are no longer duplicated when configured as a dropdown menu.
- Removed any placed widgets from the login and register page.
- Added support for TikTok, Twitch, Vimeo and SpotMe online events.
- Fixed a MySQL query error when using locales with a comma decimal separator.
- Fixed RSVP stats report not working.
- Fixed the broken event cover image on the overview page.
- Fixed an issue where the timezone selector would only be correct if adjusted by an author in the same timezone.
- Fixed an issue where the create event button may show to members with no permissions for any calendar.
- Fixed an issue where searching for events may not work correctly.
- Fixed some untranslated phrases.
- Fixed an issue where markers may not show on Google Maps when using events near me.
- Fixed a potential slow query when working with solved topics.
- Fixed an issue where a future published topic has a different start date than the first post date.
- Improved image loading speed in albums or categories with a large amount of images.
- Fixed an issue where Gallery Results could break Stream Subscriptions.
- Fixed issue where switching between plain-text and rich editor on image upload lost text content.
- Fixed an issue where users could not download attachments from Album Comments.
- Fixed the missing record status icons in the record feed widget.
- Fixed an error when viewing a record in a database that is not searchable.
Fixed an issue where the pages media center didn't support
svgfiles while replacing an existing svg file.
- Fixed an issue where hidden linked records were displayed to users with no permission to see them.
- Fixed merging members inadvertently re-assigning group blogs.
- Fixed an issue when upgrading from legacy versions.
- Fixed the wrong webhook documentation reference to the blog class.
RebuildScreenshotWatermarkstask to use the
REBUILD_INTENSEconstant for the rebuild cycle.
Changes affecting third-party developers and designers
- Changed the order of the autogenerated hook method signature.
Added a new class parameter
public $similarContent = TRUE|FALSE;to each
/extension/core/ContentRouterclass to control whether it should show in similar content.
- Fixed saving the Blog add / edit form while IN_DEV.
- Downgraded PHP 8 scanner logging to debug only.
Deprecations and Removal Announcements
Completed in this release
- Facebook Promotional Tools removed (Facebook no longer allows API posting to groups and pages) - No action required
- VigLink removed (VigLink API no longer working as intended) - No action required
- Ability to choose which apps to upgrade removed (this is no longer a necessary option) - No action required
- Guest Page Cache removed (this is a legacy way to cache pages that replicates how a CDN works) - No action required